Since this week is a review week, it would be a good time to also review and focus on any letters you feel your child needs to practice more.
Please have them use their blue writing journal 3 days this week. They can do Uu for 1 day, Gg another day, and Ww for the third day. For example when their doing Uu, have them open to a clean page in their journal. Have them write Uu at the top of the page and underline it. (You can look at previous pages for examples). Then have them generate a list of words that start with Uu. Depending on the word, they will most likely need your help to spell the words. After about 5-6 words, then have them make and write a sentence using some of the words from the word list they created.
Before they write the sentence please review the following:
1. Sentences start with a capital letter.
2. Use finger space in between each word to show one word is ending, and the next word is beginning.
3. Punctuation at the end of the sentence.
April 20-24 Chapter 9 Identify and describe two dimensional shapes
This chapter should go fairly quickly as we covered this at the beginning of the year.
You can play a guessing game with your child and ask them questions like: what shape has 4 equal sides? Answer: square
Daily 1. Go through the alphabet, and review letter names and sounds.
2. Practice reading all the kindergarten sight words, either through the slide show I provided, or your own flash cards.
(If your child can confidently read all the sight words, they canpractice writing them.)
3. Practice writing numbers to 20, and recognizing to 20.
(If your child has mastered 0-20, you can move on to 0-50)
4. Practice writing first and last name.
5. Read for 20 minutes each day.
6. Have them draw a picture and write a simple sentence.