Just few quick tips/reminders for students as they work online...
1. Read the directions CAREFULLY for each and every task or question. What exactly are you looking for? Are you to select more than one correct answer?
2. Look at word parts to help you understand new vocabulary.
- Prefixes, suffixes, & roots can be found in your word work notebook.
3. Go back to the text (re-read) when you are unsure of the answer to a question/task.
4. Slow down! Don't rush! I'm noticing that some students are spending 30-60 SECONDS on certain assignments. Chances are that you'll make lots of mistakes if you complete work at that speed (check your scores).
5. Do your personal best. It's OK if you don't understand a question or are struggling with a task. Go back to the directions, re-read the text, use your notebook, ask for help, take a break and come back... just please don't give up or rush through it.
I am doing the tasks as well (a.k.a. Casper Riley). I have made mistakes (What?! The Teacher?!) and 9 times out of 10 I misread the question or directions. The tips listed above will really help you be successful. :)