Message from the Superintendent on the State’s New Data Dashboard
Dear Parents and Families,
Yesterday, the California Department of Education released the new system for displaying data and seeing how our schools are progressing on a number of different indicators. It’s called the California School Dashboard. The State will be continuing to add data, but so far, we are able to easily see in one place our progress on the following:
- Graduation rates
- English language learners progress
- Reducing Suspension rates
- Progress for 3-8 grades on the state assessment in English
- Progress for 3-8 grades on the state assessment in Math
You can click on this link: California School Dashboard
And enter in “Pittsburg” to see the data for our district. Enter in the school name to see the data for a particular school. You can also view a short video that explains the dashboard and read the “Frequently Asked Questions” for more details. You are able to see data for the whole district, for schools, and for our various student groups. You are not able to see any data for individual students.
You will also see a place for “Local Indicators.” We will be able to add more data from our District in those areas starting in late April.
The Absenteeism and the College and Career indicators are scheduled to be updated for fall, 2017.
You can also click here http://www.cde.ca.gov/dashboard to see the data displayed in another type of format.
Here are a few highlights:
- We have made positive progress in almost all areas. In our grades 3-8 English and Math on the State Assessment we have had a little growth or maintained.
- We have made the most significant growth in our graduation rates for all of our students! We continue to be above the State for our graduation rates and above the County and State for our graduation rates for our main student groups!
- We have decreased our suspensions significantly.
- We continue to show positive progress for our students who are English language learners in becoming proficient in English
I am proud of the accomplishments of our students and continually impressed by the professionals working with our students every day and thankful for the dedication of the entire PUSD team and Pittsburg Community! Thank you for supporting your child’s success!
You can also read more information about the Dashboard on our school district’s website here.
Janet Schulze, Ed.D
Superintendent, Pittsburg Unified School District
Every Scholar, Every Day
Our students deserve nothing less than our best.