- Hillview Junior High School
Teacher of the Year Nominations
It's that time of year again when you can nominate and recognize those teachers who have gone above and beyond to help students and the community for Teacher of the Year.
The 2021-2022 California Teacher of the Year Program is now open and seeks nomination of Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 teachers. The California Teacher of the Year Program actively encourages applicants who fully represent the diverse ethnic and cultural composition of our state’s teaching force, as well as of its varied geographical settings. The program seeks teachers with exemplary personal growth, commitment, personal attitude, and professional skills.
Teachers are eligible to go on to the county, state, and national competition. The California Teacher of the Year Program celebrates and pays special tribute to the tireless efforts of our state's outstanding teachers. In doing so, the program brings well-deserved recognition to the whole teaching profession.
The state program’s goals are to:
- Identify and honor highly qualified teachers throughout California within a structure of local, regional, and statewide recognition activities;
- Select, for special commendation and responsibility, teachers who will effectively represent California teachers during the year, speaking for, energizing, and symbolizing the positive contributions of the teaching profession statewide;
- Focus attention on the positive accomplishments of students and teachers throughout California; and
- Emphasize maintaining and improving student achievement.
Selection Process: A nomination is submitted on behalf of the teacher. Nominees/candidates are then asked to respond to a brief questionnaire that speaks to their passion for teaching, their ability to differentiate instruction to meet students’ needs, ways in which they provide equitable learning experiences for all the students in their class, specific strategies they utilize that directly affect student achievement, and how they connect with and support their school community. These responses are screened by the Teacher of the Year Committee. The Committee will then do a classroom observation of the candidates selected. One teacher will be chosen to represent the District in the County Teacher of the Year selection process. The selected teacher will be honored by the Board of Education in the spring 2021.
Thank you for your interest in the 2021-2022 California Teacher of the Year Program!
Nomination forms are available for download below and are due by March 4, 2021.