• Substitute Teachers


    Job Openings

    At the Pittsburg Adult Education Center (PAEC), we are always looking for talented and passionate substitute teachers for English as a Second Language, Basic Academic Skills, High School and GED Diploma and Career Tech Education classes.


    Job Requirements

    In order to substitute at the PAEC, you need a valid California teaching credential.  If you do not currently hold a California teaching credential, you may obtain a 30 Day Emergency Substitute Permit. You must have a B.A or B.S. as a requirement for taking the CBEST test. [PACE offers a CBEST Prep Class to help you prepare for this test.] After passing the CBEST, you can go to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and apply for a 30 Day Emergency Substitute Permit.  If you need assistance with this process, please contact Principal, Paul Shatswell, at (925) 473-2400.


    Application Process

    Once you have obtained your Emergency Subsitute Permit, or if you already have a valid California teaching credential, please call or email the principal, Paul Shatswell, at pshatswell@pittsburg.k12.ca.us for the application process to substitute.


    Applicants must complete forms on a Website called: www.edjoin.org.  You may also follow this link:  https://www.edjoin.org/Home/Jobs?stateID=24&countyID=7&districtID=95


    For complete information on teaching in the Pittsburg Unified School District, please refer to the PUSD Human Resources  Department.