Message from Superintendent
Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Janet Schulze
Welcome Back to School
Dear PUSD Families,
Welcome back to the 2017-2018 school year! I hope that you all had a wonderful summer and you and your child(ren) have had a terrific start to the new school year! Our outstanding and committed team of teachers, administrators, maintenance, child nutrition and support staffs all have worked together to plan our year to make sure that we are offering the best experience for your child, every day. As we begin our 4th year together, we remain committed to Every Scholar, Every Day. We continue to focus on our main initiatives:
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning: including our new ELA/ELD curriculum; a focus on math, and continuing to focus on our graduate profile.
- Equity, Access and Success: including our Early Literacy Initiative (Please make sure your child/ren are reading every day at home!); before, after, summer school learning opportunities, expanding our electives, supporting our students with disabilities, supporting our students and families who are English language learners.
- Student & Family Assets: including continuing the great work of our Parent & Family liaisons, and offering mental and emotional health supports for students
- Attracting and Retaining the Best Staffs: including supporting our teachers and staff through professional development and competitive compensation.
- Schools and Nutrition to Support Student Learning: including our commitment to state-of-the art schools and healthy meals for our students.
This year we will also be focusing on creating a plan to continue to expand our arts and music and athletics programs, thanks to the generosity of the community in passing our Parcel Tax.
This newsletter has some general tips on how to support your child, along with information about the resources we have in our schools to work with you. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Welcome back! I look forward to a year filled with success and happiness for our students! Thank you for your continued support of our schools! !Nos vemos!
Your Proud Superintendent, Janet Schulze
Janet Schulze, Ed.D
Superintendent, Pittsburg Unified School District
Every Scholar, Every Day.
They deserve nothing less than our best.