Rancho's Virtual Library
About Our Librarian
Phone: (925) 473-2480
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Lucy McDowell
Mrs. McDowell takes so much pride in her job as a librarian at Rancho Medanos. She creates beautiful book displays for nearly every holiday each month. Prior to Distance Learning, if you stop by the Rancho Library, she will show you new books, help with research, and point you to the most popular area of the library. She loves to get teenagers interested in reading. If teens at Rancho are having trouble finding a good book to read, they should contact Mrs. McDowell. She's great at helping teens pick out the perfect book for their interests or research project.
LIBRARY CHECKOUT PROCEDURES
- Overdue library books and last year’s textbooks are to be returned. Having an outstanding balance may affect the student’s ability to check out a book in the future.
- Students will need to place a “HOLD” on the books they wish to borrow on the Destiny Discover website·
- Parents will receive an email communication when the library book is ready for pick up.
- If you do not pick up your books in two weeks, the HOLD will expire and another one will have to be placed and the process will need to start over. This is to allow fellow students opportunities to check out the books.
- You must have your school ID with you to check out your books.
- You may borrow up to 2 books at a time and they will be due by the date stamped in the book(s)..
- If you want to keep a book longer, please either bring in the books(s) or email library Tech to renew. Library Tech: Lucilla McDowell email@example.com (925) 473-2480 ext. 6101
- Books returned will be in quarantine for a week before they are put back into circulation.
- When a HOLD is placed on the website, it will say it is ready – this is NOT correct. You will know your hold is ready for check out when your parent receives an email communication.
HOW TO SIGN IN TO DESTINY DISCOVER WEBPAGE
Please follow the instructions closely:
- On the DESTINY DISCOVER WEBPAGE click on “LOGIN” (upper right hand corner.)
- Click on “SIGN IN WITH GOOGLE” and use your Google account username and password.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to place HOLDS on library books.