Distance Learning Support
Distance Learning Support Students
Welcome Heights Bears to the 2020-2021 school year! Our first day of school is Thursday, August 13th. On the first day of school you will need to login to your class at your scheduled time. Directions for how to log in are listed below. If you have any trouble logging in, please contact our technology department hotline at (925) 473-2468. Our technology support staff also includes:
Jaspreet Bath – firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Martinez - email@example.com
925-473-2410 x 4162
Please try logging in a day or two prior to the first day of school to get yourself acquainted with our new G-Suite platform.
Note: All students must start by logging out of all personal Google or G-Mail accounts before trying to access the PUSD G-Suite.
Please also use Google Chrome as your internet browser. If your computer doesn’t have Google Chrome downloaded, you can download it at: https://www.google.com/chrome/
Below are some videos we created to support you as we prepare for distance learning. Please contact your teachers with any questions or needed support! Thank you!
To play all videos in a playlist, go to: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDbqt0eznFN_We904Sn1yDUCkB6H5uQel
Step 1: All students must log into Clever:
1) Go to https://clever.com/in/pittsburgusd/student/portal or bit.ly/cleverpusd (district web page also has a link)
2) Click the "Log in with Clever" button
3) User Name: Enter your student ID number
4) Password: Student ID number with pusd in front of it: Example: pusd44444
5) Once in Clever, download the Clever Extension (this should pop up at the top of your screen as an option once you enter Clever). Do not skip this step.
Step 2: Once in Clever, click on the Google Classroom Icon:
- A box should pop up with your PUSD username and password in it. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TYPE IN YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD. Just verify that it is correct and click OK. DO NOT CHANGE THIS USERNAME OR PASSWORD. If you cannot download the Clever Extension on your device, this box will pop up and you will have to manually enter your username and password.
- Your username should be: _first name initial and full last name @pittsburgusd.net
Example: firstname.lastname@example.org Some of you may have a number included in your username. Your username can be found in the AERIES student portal if you need to access it.
- Your password should be: Student ID number and 6 digit birthdate (mm/dd/yy)
Example: If a student’s ID number is 44444 and their birthdate is March 29, 2004 their password would be: 44444032904
- Once you are done with this step your teachers’ Google Classrooms should all appear on your screen. Click on the Join button on each of their classrooms to join each of your classrooms. Look for the Zoom link posted in your Google Classroom and click on it to login to your class with your teacher at your scheduled time.