Phone: (925) 473-2380, ext. 5603
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A Sociology & Justice Studies, Single-Subject Credential: English
I hope you and your families are doing well. I appreciate your patience during this strange and difficult time. As we navigate this transition to remote learning together, I have created assingments for you to complete outside of the classroom.
6TH GRADE ELA:
1. Read The Lighning Thief (pg. 31), Aesop's Fables (pg. 27), and Black Ships Before Troy (pg. 49) in your StudySync workbooks- if you did not recieve your workbooks during class on Friday, the reading is linked for your use in the calendar
2. For each reading, answer THINK questions #1-3
3. For each reading, complete the Vocabulary and Descriptive Details assignments
4. For each reading, answer the short-response question using textual evidence and RACE response format
*If finished, please visit or login to Clever for additional lessons and practice.
The 6th Grade ELA team is continuing to update our calendar with links to each of these readings and assignments (http://bit.ly/2x6ZxXe)
In updating our calendar, we are creating the next unit for our final quarter in which we will be reading a novel, Walk of Two Moons. We have provided both an online copy of the novel, as well as an audio version for students (https://bit.ly/2UpZP3n).
1. Please have your students watch the indepedent film, First Generation. In this documentary, we follow four high school seniors as they battle similiar challenges to become the first in their families to attend a four-year university. After watching the film, students will respond to questions about the film. In addition, students will write a short paragraph detailing their thoughts on the film: How did you feel after watching the film? What challenges do you feel you'll face in your journey to attending college? Did this film make you feel differently about attending college?
For access to the film, film response questions, and future assignments, pelase viist our Warriors Success calendar (https://bit.ly/2we0e0M)
REMOTE OFFICE HOURS:
Remind: Text the class code @ela6-msb OR @warrsucc to the number 81010 (messaging via Remind is the best way to contact me)