The MLK History Department is pleased to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year! We are looking forward to having your scholar in our classrooms. We have a bright and exciting school year ahead and your scholar will have the opportunity to develop his/her knowledge, understanding, and skills in History. The focus for each grade is:
- 6th Grade: Ancient World History
- 7th Grade: Medieval World History
- 8th Grade: United States History (1776-1880)
We want you to know we care very much about your scholar’s education and will strive each day to provide them with a safe and positive learning environment.
By the end of the year, all scholars in history will be able to write a historical argument in which they can make a claim and provide evidence from multiple sources to support their claim
- 6th Grade scholars will be able to support their claim with at least one piece of evidence.
- 7th Grade scholars will be able to support their claim with at least three pieces of evidence.
- 8th Grade scholars will be able to support their claim with at least three properly cited pieces of evidence.
Your scholar's academic grade will be based upon assessments, classwork, and homework.