Green Engineering Academy & Robotics (GEARS)
What is GEARS?
GEARS is a program designed to spark the interest of students who want to move into a career in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM).
How does GEARS help students?
- The students will earn how to develop their engineering, math, science and presentation skills
- Students and teachers will stay together for four years and build a supportive peer and family like environment
By the time a GEARS student graduates they will be able to:
- Use computers to draw in 2D and 3D
- Create animations
- Build small scale structures and models
- Program basic sensors, motors, and gear systems
- Draw circuit diagrams and calculate voltage, current, and amperage
- Research, design and produce product prototypes of their own creations
- Give public presentations
- And much more!