LIBRARY CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
- All overdue library books, and last year’s textbooks need to be returned before you will be allowed to borrow library books.
- The LIBRARY EXCHANGE DAY will be every 3 weeks on Wednesdays, from 2:00pm to 3:00pm at the main office. (see schedule)
- Scholars need to pace a “HOLD” on the books they wish to borrow on the Destiny Discover website by 3:00pm the Monday before the LIBRARY EXCHANGE DAY.
- Parents will receive an email communication THE DAY BEFORE the LIBRARY EXCHANGE DAY if their scholar has a library book ready for pick up.
- If you do not pick up your books on the designated day, the HOLD will expire and you will have to place your HOLD again.
- You may borrow 2 books at a time and they will be due in 3 weeks at the next LIBRARY EXCHANGE DAY.
- If you want to keep a book longer, please bring it to the next LIBRARY EXCHANGE DAY and I will be happy to RENEW it for you.
- Books that are returned will be in quarantine for a week before they are put back into rotation.
- When a HOLD is placed on the website, it will say it is ready – this is NOT correct. You will know your hold is ready for check out when your parent receives an email communication the day before the LIBRARY EXCHANGE DAY.
Sign on to DESTINY DISCOVER to place HOLDS for library books
Follow the instructions closely:
- On the DESTINY DISCOVER WEB PAGE, click on "LOG IN" on the upper right hand corner.
- Click on "SIGN IN WITH GOOGLE" and use your Google email Account user name and password.
- Once you are logged in you will be able to place holds on library books or check out eBooks.
- When you find a book you would like to check out, And it is marked "IN", just click the HOLD button.
- You may place a hold on books it it is labeled "IN" in green. If it is labled "OUT" in red, the book is unabailable and can't be borrowed at this time.
Check out eBooks
Click CHECKOUT next to the title. The due date is 14 days from the day you borrowed the book. Books will be returned automatically on the due date. You can renew it or return it early.
NOTE: You must be logged in, and their must be available copies, for Checkout to appear.
Checked-out titles are automatically returned at the end of the loan period (14 days). To return a title and make it available to others before the due date:
- In the Destiny Discover header, select the menu (the three horizontal lines on the top left next to DESTINY DISCOVER), and then Checkouts or My Stuff >Checkouts, click Return.
Read eBooks on your phone or tablet with the DESTINY READ APP
Go to the APP store on your device and download the Destiny Read app. (it's free)
The first time you log into Destiny Read on your device you need to log in.
- Use the LOCATION drop down and select CALIFORNIA.
- In the SCHOOL field, type in Martin Luther King and make sure you choose the school in PITTSBURG, CA (there are many MLK schools in California, make sure you choose our school. Steps one and two only needs to be done the first time you log in.
- Tap LOG IN.
- On the next screen, type in your USER NAME and PASSWORD and tap SUBMIT.
Once you log in, you will see a list of eBooks you checked out. Tab on DOWNLOAD to download your checked out title to your device and start reading!
NOTE: you can not search and check out books from the APP. You need to first check out books from the Destiny website.
To remove the book from your device, tap REMOVE.
To return the book, tap RETURN. Books will automatically be returned on the due date.
LIBRARY EXCHANGE DAYSIn the main office between 2:00 - 3:00pmWednesday, October 28, 2020Wednesday, November 18, 2020Wednesday, December 9, 2020Wednesday, January 6, 2021Wednesday, January 27, 2021Wednesday, February 17, 2021Wednesday, March 10, 2021Wednesday, March 31, 2021Wednesday, April 21, 2021WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 2021 - ALL LIBRARY BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED