Dress Code Policy
The Governing board believes that appropriate dress and grooming contribute to a productive learning environment. The Board expects students to give proper attention to personal cleanliness and have mandated that students wear school uniforms. Students who choose not to wear the mandated uniforms will be sent to the office and provided a loaner uniform which is to be returned to the school office at the end of the day.
Uniforms are to be kept clean and neat. White or navy shirts must be properly button and worn inside of pants. Students must wear belts to assure that pants are worn appropriately and are not "sagging". The student uniform will be:
- white or navy shirt/blouse, white or navy long or short sleeve polo shirt,
- white or navy socks, navy shorts/pants (boys/girls), navy skort/skirt/jumper (girls)
- White, blue, black, or gray solid color jackets (NO PICTURES OR LOGOS EXCEPT SCHOOL JACKETS).
The following guidelines shall apply to all regular school activities:
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals must have heel straps. Thongs, backless shoes, or slippers are not acceptable.
- Uniform dresses must be worn at appropriate lengths not showing upper thighs. White or navy tops are to be worn inside of skirts, skorts, or jumpers and must not be tied.
- Hats, baseball caps, shower caps, wave caps, hairnets, bandannas, headbands, hoods, and other head coverings shall not be worn indoors.
- Hair shall be clean and neatly groomed. Rollers are not permitted.
- Sunglasses, unless required for medical reasons may not be worn in the classroom.
- Gang symbols, apparel, jewelry, accessories, notebooks or manner of grooming which, by virtue of their color, arrangement, trademark or any other attribute, denote membership in gangs, advocate drug use, violence, or disruptive behavior are prohibited.Students inappropriately attired or lacking in personal cleanliness may be sent home for correction or to the school office where they will be provided a loaner uniform.
Dress and Grooming
The Pittsburg Unified School District has mandated that students in grades K-8 wear school uniforms.
The administration is encouraged to establish any needed regulations consistent with this policy through cooperative planning with staff, students and parents
The student uniform will be:
- White or navy shirt/blouse
- White or navy long or short sleeve polo shirt
- White or navy socks or tights (NO leggings)
- Navy shorts/pants (boys/girls)
- Navy skort/skirt/jumper (girls)