PUSD Transitions to E-Flyer Distribution
Effective February 24, 2017, Pittsburg Unified School District (PUSD) will begin transitioning to a new electronic format for distribution of flyers. The service will be provided by Peachjar, an electronic flyer (e-flyer) company numerous school districts across the country currently utilize. The transition to e-flyers is part of PUSD's ongoing efforts to become a more sustainable School District. Flyers from school sites and community organizations will be distributed through email and posted on school websites on Fridays.
Parents, if you provided your email address to your school on your student’s contact information form this year, a Peachjar account has been established for you, and you should have received an email from Peachjar with your login information. This is provided so that you can manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to log in to receive or view e-flyers. If you did not provide your email address and would like to receive Peachjar e-flyers via email or text, please visit the Peachjar website to register to receive login information. Here is information on how to sign-up, make sure to click on "Parents."
Flyer Distribution Procedures
Pittsburg Unified School District (PUSD) cooperates with community groups and organizations that offer activities for our youth. PUSD distributes materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally responsible, we are in the process of transitioning from paper to electronic flyer delivery. Flyers will be distributed through email and posted to a webpage. The following information provides instructions and protocols for using the Peachjar electronic flyer system. Peachjar pricing information.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online.
- Ensure that your flyer meets the PUSD Flyer Approval requirements above.
- Go to www.peachjar.com
- Register with Peachjar as an Enrichment Provider (account type)
- Select desired schools
- Upload your flyer to Peachjar for approval (Flyers must include an English and Spanish version).
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the District for approval. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described below. Please allow up to one week for the district office to approve or deny your flyer for weekly distribution.
Organizations are subject to Peachjar’s $25 service fee when a flyer is posted to promote an activity or event with a participation fee. Peachjar's service fee also applies to activities that are held without charge but may entice participants to join a fee-based program, or purchase products or services (e.g. a soccer league that offers free clinics).
Peachjar’s service fee will be waived in Pittsburg Unified School District when a local community organization is promoting a free event that does not entice participants to join a fee-based program, or purchase products or services.
The District realizes the switch to Peachjar may be difficult for some community organizations. For organizations that do not want to participate with Peachjar, the District will allow organizations to print a small stack of flyers and drop them off at school offices. However, the flyers must still go through Nicky Mora in the District Office for an approval process and they will require a District stamp. If organizations wish to go this route, please contact Nicky Mora at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 473-2427.
Community Groups and Outside Organizations
All requests for flyer distribution by outside community organizations must first be approved by the District Office. Flyers are distributed electronically weekly, on Fridays. In order to be eligible to use the Peachjar system, you must be a local non-profit organization with a valid 501(c)(3) tax ID. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service. Please visit www.peachjar.com for more information.
Requirements for all e-flyers from outside organizations:
- Organization must originate from a local non-profit organization with a valid 501 c 3 tax ID (must provide current letter of NP status);
- Please allow one week for processing e-flyer requests;
- Facility fees through Peachjar must be paid before e-flyer is submitted to PUSD;
- Flyer must be submitted 4 weeks prior to event/activity date;
- Flyers are only accepted during the school year;
- Flyer must be submitted in both English and Spanish (2 flyers on one pdf);
- Flyer PDF must be smaller than 6MB;
- Flyer font sizes must not be less than size 12;
- Organization agrees to let Peachjar place the following disclaimer on your flyer (exact wording): This program is not sponsored by Pittsburg Unified School District and opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the school district or school personnel. The District accepts no liability for this program or activity.;
- Program must support PUSD's mission;
- Program/activity must directly benefit PUSD students or be of intrinsic value to students and/or parents;
- Program/activity should not conflict with PUSD programs.
- Organization must have approval from the facilities department (if using PUSD facilities) prior to posting the flyer on Peachjar.
- Business advertisements of any kind are prohibited;
- Drawings and photographs must be in good taste; no gang symbols or partial nudity;
- Materials advertising alcohol or tobacco sales, gambling, or have sexual innuendo will not be approved;
- Content cannot promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure;
- Content cannot position the school district on any side of a controversial issue;
- Flyer cannot discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or other unlawful consideration;
- Flyer must include: Contact Name and Phone Number, Date, Location, Cost of Event, and Disclaimer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tips for designing flyers
- Peachjar pricing information
Instructions for Schools
Individual schools may post e-flyers for their site that promote information and events related to:
- Parent-Teacher Associations (PTAs)
- Booster Clubs
Each school site has its own Peachjar administrator who uploads these flyers. Please contact your school office if your flyer falls under one of the categories above. Tips for designing flyers.
How Does Peachjar Work?
For questions regarding Peachjar and how to set up an account, please contact our Peachjar representative, Jill Leahy, at (858) 997-2117, ext 140 or email her at email@example.com.
For questions regarding district flyer approval guidelines, please email Nicky Mora at firstname.lastname@example.org
Foothill Elementary School
Heights Elementary School
Highlands Elementary School
Los Medanos Elementary School
Marina Vista Elementary School
Parkside Elementary School
Stoneman Elementary School
Willow Cove Elementary School
Junior High Schools
Hillview Junior High School
Martin Luther King Jr. Junior High School
Rancho Medanos Junior High School
Pittsburg High School
Black Diamond High School
Pittsburg Adult Education Center