2022 California School Dashboard Released
The California Department of Education (CDE) has released the 2022 California School Dashboard for the 2021-22 academic year (just type in "Pittsburg" to find Dashboard data for PUSD and all of the district schools).
Helping Parents to Read the Dashboard:
The California School Dashboard is new in the 2021-22 year based on prior-year data gaps due to COVID. In 2021-22 the State is creating post-COVID baseline data. In the past, the Dashboard measured both Status (how schools/district are doing in a given year) and Change (how that compares with prior years). In 2021-22 the indicators are all based on Status only (since reliable prior comparison data are unavailable due to COVID). Parent Informational flyers about the new Dashboard can be found here (these flyers are translated into multiple common languages in California): Parent Dashboard Informational Flyers. PLEASE NOTE: the general Getting to Know the CA Dashboard Flyer describes the Dashboard when multiple years of data are available for data comparison purposes. Scroll down on the flyer page to see Reporting Current Year Data Only On the 2022 Dashboard (English, Spanish). With the 2023 Dashboard and the 2024 Dashboard, data comparisons will be able to be made again.
State and Local Indicators:
The California School Dashboard reports on both state and local indicators. These indicators are specifically aligned with 8 priority areas spelled out in the state’s funding formula. The same priority areas are also embedded in the Local Control Accountability Plans (LCAP) that Pittsburg Unified School District prepares each year.
Dashboard: Six State Indicators:
- High School Graduation Rates
- Academic Performance (as measured on state assessments)
- Suspension Rates
- English Learner Progress
- College/Career Readiness Rates
- Chronic Absenteeism
Dashboard: Five Local Indicators (based on district-collected and reported data):
- Basic Conditions (Teacher qualifications, safe & clean facilities, textbooks for all scholars)
- Implementation of Academic Standards (materials and teaching & learning practices to support high standards)
- School Climate Surveys (e.g., Healthy Kids, regarding safety of scholars, and connectedness to school)
- Parent Involvement and Engagement
- Access to Courses (access to a wide range of academic/college/career readiness courses)