Principal's Letter - Basic Expectations
- We walk in the hallway in a safe line behind our teachers.
- We are respectful to our teachers and listen and do everything that they tell us to do.
- If somebody tries to hurt us we tell our teacher immediately. We do not fight at school. Fighting is not tolerated. If your child gets into a fight or hits back in anger they will be suspended and you will be asked to come to school for a conference. We have many adults supervising and students can write on a classroom agenda if somebody is disrespectful to them. We take respect for others very seriously here at Parkside.
- We are respectful to the adults and fellow students at school.
- When we line up in the hallway for lunch we stay in line with our class and continue not to touch other students. We can talk in line but we use a low voice like we do in the library.
- Once in the cafeteria we get our food, say thank you to the person who gave us our food and sit at the table with our class number on it. We can get up from the table when our teacher excuses us.
- We always walk in the hallways so that we do not fall or run into other students.
- If we are sent to the office for negative behavior you will be contacted and asked to talk to your child to correct the negative behavior.
I feel that it is important that you know the same rules that we review during three assemblies a year. You truly are an important part of your child’s education. Without your support our job of getting your child ready for the next grade becomes increasingly harder. Please go over the rest of this handbook and If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again.
Mr. Jeff Varner, Principal