Facilities Planning & Management
Pittsburg High School Overview
Pittsburg High School originally opened for classes in the current School Street location in 1927.
- A new school opened to students students in August, 2010.
- Enrollment at the school for the 2016-17 school year is 3,327 students.
- There is 412,076 square feet of floor space on campus.
- There are three areas of Pittsburg High School that have solar sub-arrays:
- In the teacher's south parking lot, there are six solar sub-arrays
- On the roof of the Creative Arts Building, there are two sub-arrays
- In the parking lot of North Campus, there are five solar sub-arrays
These solar panels produce over 1,020,000 kW of energy annually per year for the school!In 2013, the football/track stadium went through modernization, with a new synthetic football turf and new, 8-lane track. Also renovated were the bathrooms on the home side of the stadium. A new baseball facility and field, behind the North Campus buildings was also constructed. See below photographs of the baseball field construction project.