Report an Absence Overview
Daily attendance determines the amount of money our school receives. It is important to have your children in school, on time every day. Our Title 1 allotment is based upon the number of students who qualify for our free and reduced lunch program. Please make sure that your child is here every day and that you fill out your lunch application if you qualify.
Please call every day that your child is absent. If it is a medical or dental appointment, please bring a note from the doctor/dentist's office. When you call or email, we need to know your child's first and last name, the child's room number and the reason for the absence. If you have a planned absence, please call or email us ahead of time so that we can note that your child will be out.
Satisfactory school progress is dependent upon regular school attendance.
An excused absence is:
- Illness or injury of the student, or serious illness which necessitates the absence of the student
- Medical or dental appointment; please bring note from doctor
- Attendance at the funeral of an immediate family member
- Appearance in court
- Observance of holiday or ceremony of his/her religion
Clearing an absence:
- Parents are encouraged to call the school or e-mail Stephanie Lopez on the day of an absence to report it.
- If the absence has not been previously cleared by phone or email, the student must have a written note signed by the parent.
Appointments during the school day:
- Send a note to your child's teacher the day of the appointment, advising what time your student will be called for.
- Come into the office and sign your student out. The office staff will then call the classroom to ask for the student.
- Upon the student's return, the parent must come into the office and sign the student back into school.
- If a student arrives after 8:30 a.m., he/she will need to go to the office to get a tardy pass before going to class.