• Work Permit Banner




    You must first HAVE a job to receive a work permit. Once you have been hired, have your employer fill out the Work Permit. They will need to sign the form and your parent will need to sign the form. Students should complete a new Work Permit form for each new job.


    Email your completed Intent to Employ Request form to your counselor and cc: Pramirez@pittsburgusd.net. Mrs. Patricia Ramirez who works in Pittsburg High School Counseling Department A140. She will process and notify you of the next steps.  
    ~Note: Turnaround time for permit approval is 24 to 48 hours. Please do not turn the application in on the same day that it is needed.

    Requirements to receive and maintain a Work Permit:

    • Maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher
    • Maintain good attendance at PHS 



    • To renew a Work Permit, the student will fill out the Work Permit Extension form available in A140 or email counselor directly and cc: vgonzalez-velazquez@pittsburg.k12.ca.us.  The form will be given to the appropriate counselor to review student’s grades and attendance.