Coming back from Spring Break brings two main changes!
1) All classes will have MANDATORY Zoom classes once a week. The schedule is as follows
Mondays 10am- 1st period
Mondays 11am- 2nd period
Tuesdays 10am- 3rd period
Tuesdays 11am- 4th period
Wednesdays 10am-12pm Office hours (drop in for anyone who has a question or needs to chat)
Thursdays 10am- 5th period
Thursdays 11am- 6th period
Fridays 10 am- 12pm Office hours (drop in for anyone who has a question or needs to chat)
2) We start reading Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief this week!
For information on HOW to login to your zoom classes, the link to read Percy Jackson, and more information, please click on your class period below:
REMOTE LEARNING HEAD'S UP: *UPDATED 4/2*
Hello Scholars and Families!
1. Please open the "Assignment Calendar For Remote Learning" tab on my website to see what the ELA assignments are day by day. If you click on the individual assignments, you will find the directions for each assignment.
2. To turn in your work, first, you will either scan it or take a clear, well-lit, and complete picture of your work. Then you will either send it to my email with your full name in the subject of the email OR send it as an attachment to me in remind.
I originally said by April 20th I expect all of the work for “Heroes Every Child Should Know: Perseus”, “Percy Jackson Lightning Thief”, and “Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Goddesses” done and turned in to me.
There will be a new schedule of assignments and weekly due dates starting April 20th.
2. If you need a copy of any of the stories that you are assigned or any of the questions or writing prompts, please open the "Library" tab and find whatever you need.
3. If you would like one of the stories read to you, help with the annotations, or help with the questions or prompts- please open the "YOUTUBE LESSONS" tab and find whatever video you need.
4. If you would like to know my online Mastery Center (a.k.a."office hours"), my remind code, or email, please go to the "Contact Me" tab.
5. Last but not least, let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll be here for all of you the absolute best I can. If you need any support or have any questions, please contact me.
We will get through this stronger than before! We're TIGER STRONG.
Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Ochoa is THRILLED to start her teaching career at Martin Luther King Jr. Junior High School! This is her second year at MLK and she couldn't be happier with all of her incredible scholars.
Ms. Ochoa knew she wanted to be a teacher from an early age. She remembers lining up her stuffed animals when she was 5 years old and trying to teach them how to read. The fact that she finally gets to have her dream career with some of the best scholars she's known is SO exciting!
After high school, she went to Los Medanos College and Diablo Valley College before transfering to UC Santa Cruz. At Santa Cruz, she studied English Literature in preparation to be an English teacher. While going to college, she also worked as a 1) substance abuse counselor for teens 2) gang rehabilition specialist for teens 3)after school teen program director 4) college and career enterance speaclist 5) teacher for moderate-severe Autistic young adults.
Ms. Ochoa is passionate about Harry Potter, dogs, finding the best taco in the Bay Area, and the emotional and academic well being of all her scholars.
Please do not hesitate to communicate with me either by using Remind (@ochoaela for my 6th grade ELA class, or ochoayb for yeatbook) or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org