Phone: (925) 473-2380, ext. 5603
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A Sociology & Justice Studies, Single-Subject Credential: English
I hope you and your families are doing well. I appreciate your patience during this strange and difficult time. As we navigate this transition to remote learning together, I have created assingments for you to complete outside of the classroom.
6TH GRADE ELA:
1. Read The Lighning Thief (pg. 31), Aesop's Fables (pg. 27), and Black Ships Before Troy (pg. 49) in your StudySync workbooks- if you did not recieve your workbooks during class on Friday, the reading is linked for your use in the calendar
2. For each reading, answer THINK questions #1-3
3. For each reading, complete the Vocabulary and Descriptive Details assignments
4. For each reading, answer the short-response question using textual evidence and RACE response format
The 6th Grade ELA team is continuing to update our calendar with links to each of these readings and assignments (http://bit.ly/2x6ZxXe)
In updating our calendar, we are creating the next unit for our final quarter in which we will be reading a novel, Walk of Two Moons. We have provided both an online copy of the novel, as well as an audio version for students (https://bit.ly/2UpZP3n).
1. In your notebooks, keep a daily journal of what you are seeing and hearing on the news. If you are not watching the news or have not followed with what is happening in on our nation, please watch the day's short clip provided from CNN 10, which is a short news video for students (https://www.cnn.com/cnn10). As you write, keep these questions in mind: how are you and your families responding to the COVID-19 pandemic? What is pandemic? How are we working as a state and country to prevent the continued spread of this virus?
REMOTE OFFICE HOURS:
Remind: Text the class code @ela6-msb OR @warrsucc to the number 81010 (messaging via Remind is the best way to contact me)