The TIGER TEAM of Martin Luther King, Jr. Junior High
endeavors to prepare all scholars to be college and career ready,
so that they are able to function as productive citizens within the community.
We will use data to guide their instruction and make non-academic commitments to
model social responsibilities and expectations.
We envision a respectful and trusting scholar-centered environment with:
- Strong community-school connections.
- Shared decision-making between administration, staff, parents, community.
- Clear and high academic expectations.
- A collaborative, cooperative, and safe learning/work environment.
- Appreciation of cultural and ethnic diversity inherent within our school community.
- Respect for individual differences.
- Ongoing reflection, assessment, and evaluation of all facets of the learning community.
- An integrated, interdisciplinary, meaning-centered curriculum accessible to all scholars.
We intend to provide relevant, challenging work for all scholars as we link business, community, and parents. We view parents as partners in providing experiences that are the foundation and support of learning. Our goal is to prepare our diverse student body with the knowledge and skills to face the challenge of living and working in the technological, information-based world of the 21st century.