Black Diamond High
OUR COMMITMENTS TO OUR STUDENTS
All of the staff at Black Diamond High commits to provide our students with the following:
• A vibrant learning environment based on respect and trust with an absence of threats or bullying in the classrooms and the school.
• A program that supports student achievement - both academic and social.
• An educational program which accommodates the needs of each student.
• A program where caring and passionate professionals encourage students to increase their potential.
• A program based on academic standards with a challenging and relevant curriculum.
Black Diamond High Mission Statement
The mission of the Black Diamond High School is to provide a meaningful and measurable learning experience for students who have not been successful in traditional school settings. BDHS is specifically designed for students who have experienced attendance, behavior and/or achievement problems. The BDHS is committed to providing a positive, student centered, safe, and academically comprehensive program that is sensitive to the varied learning styles of all students.
BDHS offers an individualized educational program that includes academics, counseling, online learning, service learning projects and work readiness training. Our goal is to empower our students to become productive, confident, active and contributing members of their communities. .
Black Diamond High Vision Statement
Black Diamond High has a stable, experienced, diverse staff which strives to provide a program which reflects our values as:
• A professional learning community committed to challenging all students to achieve.
• A school where families feel welcome and an integral part of the school program.
• A school where students can become motivated to learn, work, and flourish in a creative environment.
• A school where students are supported in earning credits and passing the CAHSEE to graduate.
• A school where the focus is on how we are teaching, on what our students are learning, and how we can help them attain the knowledge and skills necessary to become productive adults.
• A safe, supportive school which students are eager to attend.
Our staff of dedicated, knowledgeable teachers is committed to continuing to improve student achievement. We are cognizant of setting our goals with high expectations and rigorous instruction to meet the needs of our students. Black Diamond High has shown progress over the past several years on the State of California’s Academic Performance Index (API), which measures a school’s academic performance and growth: 2011-2012 School Accountability Report Card
Pittsburg schools annually provide information about schools to the community allowing the public to evaluate and compare schools for student achievement, environment, resources and demographics.